- Property currently being refurbished
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen
- Off street parking
- Small courtyard garden
- One double bedroom
- Ground Floor property
- Gas central heating
- Available immediately
A well presented ground floor apartment conveniently located between Amersham and Little Chalfont. The property offers entrance hallway, open plan living / kitchen with appliances, one bedroom, bathroom, garden, off street parking and is currently being refurbished throughout. Available immedaitely
Council Tax Band B £1645.45 22/23
Energy Rating D
With its bustling town centre, Amersham-on-the-Hill offers an excellent range of shopping and leisure facilities including favourites such as M&S, Waitrose, Boots and an array of popular cafes and restaurants. The station provides the combined Metropolitan line/Chiltern line service into Baker Street and Marylebone (approximately 40 minutes) and has convenient links to the M25 at Chorleywood and M40 in the nearby Beaconsfield. The area is renowned for its excellent range of primary and secondary schools including The Beacon, Heatherton House, and Dr Challoner's Grammar Schools.
When you agree to take a tenancy of a property through Hadlands, we'll require the following:
- A holding deposit of £200.00 which enables us to withdraw the property from the market. This will be deducted from the first rent payment at the beginning of the let and is non- refundable if the tenancy does not commence.
- A referencing fee of £120.00 per person. Should a guarnator be required the referencing cost will be £120.00
- Once successfully referenced, a minimum security deposit equivalent to one and a half month's rent is required, along with one month's rent paid in advance.
- Our administration for setting up the Tenancy is £120.00. The cost of extending the Tenancy is £90.00.
-The Landlord will pay for the inventory clerk to carry out a check in. When you leave the property, a check out will be carried out - the cost of which will be deducted from your security deposit.
All photographs are provided for guidance only.
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding Deposit: 1 week's rent
- Security Deposit: Five weeks' rent
During the tenancy:
- Payment of £50 (inc VAT) if you want to change the tenancy agreement
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate.
- Tenants are liable for the actual costs incurred from lost keys/security devices. If the loss leads to the locks needing to be replaced, the actual costs for attendance of a locksmith will be borne by the tenant.
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy.
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable:
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments:
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Hadlands is a member of Client Money Protect which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details by contacting us directly.
Please note that lettings agents are required by law to publish on their websites information for potential tenants about relevant fees, redress schemes and client money protection schemes (including the names of those schemes). Relevant fees must also be published on third party websites, such as Rightmove. For properties to rent in England, details of the agent's membership of any redress scheme and client money protection scheme must also be published with their fees on Rightmove. It is the agent's responsibility to ensure that all relevant information is provided to Rightmove and is up to date and accurate. If the relevant information does not appear here, the agent may have included it within the property description.